“With all the (social media) platforms that are out there, see which one you enjoy, but also where your audience is.” @socialdiva
“Have fun, do what you love, take breaks, move this needle forward so as not to burn out as an entrepreneur.” @socialdiva
Let’s hop on over to Silicon Alley of New York City where social diva, Peg Samuel, hangs out. An adjunct professor at New York University, Peg is a proven leader in online branding and digital strategy and helps give social media makeovers.
In this interview, we’ll be talking about the different social media platforms, marketing and Periscope, a live video streaming app for iOS and Android. We’ll also be digging a little bit into surfing + yoga – how fun is that!?
She was a key part in the 2012 London Olympics social media strategy and is the founder of socialdivamedia.com. Her specialty? Fashion and wellness brands.
On this Coffee Chat:
- The conversation that helped Peg have deeper purpose in her work
- How Peg went from social diva to being a professor in NYU
- How Peg started out at the Weather Channel
- How Peg got the nickname Social Diva
- Periscope, a live video streaming app for iOS and Android
- ADVICE: “With all the (social media) platforms that are out there, see which one you enjoy, but also where your audience is.”
- Periscope and marketing
- The power of media and how we can use social media tools to get it out there
- Using hashtags – do they help your business?
- Social media scheduling and pre-writing content
- Social Diva’s website http://socialdivamedia.com/
- Periscope https://www.periscope.tv/
- Find Peg Samuel on Twitter and Periscope, @socialdiva
A lot of gold nuggets in this interview! Share with us your biggest takeaway below.
P.S. Are you on the mailing list?