The keys to the doors that you need open are in other peoples’ pockets. It’s up to you to build the relationships needed to open the doors.
– Michael Roderick
On the chat with me today is Michael Roderick – the big fish behind Small Pond Enterprises. Michael is a former English teacher turned Broadway producer and now heads his own consulting firm. You’re probably wondering just how those dots connected and that’s what we talk about on the show.
We meander quite a bit in this conversation, especially about how to be a big fish in a small pond.
- Why you need a mentor
- How to choose a mentor
- Why you should be a small fish in a BIG POND
- How Linchpin by Seth Godin inspired Michael to take the leap and have greater purpose in life
- The need to have a sense of agency
- How to find out what people will pay for
- Build the net before you leap
- Michael gives a shoutout to his mentor @KenDavenport, Broadway producer
- Dr. Robert Cialdini’s Influence
- Why we say YES to things: “ Weapons of Influence”
- BE AUTHENTIC
- Don’t just choose one mentor
- Build a team of mentors like you would cast a Broadway show
- How a networking event can become a scavenger hunt
- Should you make your meet-up invite only?
P.S. Are you on the mailing list?