“I learned that people’s opinions of me didn’t matter and that wasn’t a reflection of who I was.” @iwearyourshirt
“You don’t get what you don’t ask for.” @iwearyourshirt
“Define your own metrics of success.” @iwearyourshirt
On the show with me today is Jason Zook. You may know him better as Jason Sadler, Jason Headsetsdotcom and Jason SurfrApp.
Jason is the founder of iwearyourshirt.com and honestly, one of the most creative people that I’ve met when it comes to making money outside the typical 9-5. In fact, having to work the 9-5 is one of Jason’s greatest fears, I’ve learned.
What I love most about Jason is that he decided early on his life that instead of trying to fit in, he would embrace and unleash the fact that he thinks differently. And the truth is, most people struggle so hard to fit in and in doing so, repress themselves to live under someone else’s definition of normal.
He’s a big fan of Skittles, a car junkie and has a platonic crush on Elon Musk, which, for those of you who have been listening for a while, you know I do too.
On this Coffee Chat:
- Embracing your inner weirdo
- “Identify the things that you don’t want to be doing and remove them.”
- Boost creativity by disconnecting from social media
- Give yourself space
- Write every day – even when what you’re writing doesn’t make sense
- Control, freedom and flexibility
- Not being attached to money
- Having conversations with like-minded folks and not having conversations with people who are self-limiting
- Making money in an unconventional way
- Crushing on Elon Musk
- Find Jason on Twitter @iwearyourshirt
- Purple Cow by Seth Godin
P.S. Are you on the mailing list?